1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that websites or applications request to save on your computer, mobile phone, or tablet (device). These files contain unique numbers and can be retrieved by websites or applications every time you visit them again. Cookies are used to give you access to various features of websites. They allow a website to recognize your device, store your preferences, and track your behavior on that specific website. Some cookies are needed for websites to function optimally, while others are used to enhance your user experience and facilitate your navigation on the website.
2. Types of cookies.
- Time-Limited-Cookies, also known as Persistent Cookies, save a file on your device for an extended period, with a set expiration date. The cookie is either deleted automatically after the expiration date or manually by you. Persistent cookies track visitors' movements on the website to understand user preferences and enhance the overall experience. One of the most popular and widely used persistent cookie is a Google Analytics cookie.
- Session-cookies also known as Temporary Cookies, are stored temporarily and disappear when you close your browser.
- First-party cookies: These cookies are placed on your computer by us when you visit our website.
Cookies (and other technologies) help us collect information about you as you browse our website through different types of cookies or information aggregators. Cookie technology helps us to create a better and more personalized user experience, improve the performance and security of the website, and facilitate various aspects of our online marketing. Below you can see the different categories of cookies we have and how we use the information.
4. What are our cookies categories?
- Performance cookies: Also known as analytical cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, such as which pages are visited the most and if users get error messages from those pages. This information is anonymous and is only used to improve our website and its features.
- Functionality cookies: Website personalization, these cookies are used to remember your choices and preferences on the website, such as language selection. These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and to provide you with a more personalized experience.
- Marketing cookies These cookies are used to improve our marketing by creating user profiles and displaying relevant and engaging offers. For example, with the help of Google Ads, we aim to show you relevant ads associated with the keyword network when you search for our products and services. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by changing the settings in your browser.
5. When may we share your cookies?
In some cases, we may use a data processor to help with our marketing. When we share your information, it is only used for the same purpose for which we originally collected it. If we transfer your data outside the EU/EEA, we do so with particularly high requirements and agreements.
6. Consent management
Ways to manage the use of your cookies.
- Your browser or device has settings where you have the option to change how cookies are used on your browser or device. You can go to your browser settings or device settings to learn more about how to adjust your cookie settings. For example, you can choose to accept only cookies from the website you are visiting, block all cookies, or delete cookies when you close your browser. However, please be aware that some of our services may not function optimally if you block or delete cookies. Visit your browser's/application's help pages for more information.
- It is possible to go to http://www.youronlinechoices.eu to check the settings for interest-based advertising from different networks.
- To block specific third-party cookies on our website, please visit your browser/application help pages for more information.
7. How are cookies managed?
Last updated: 2023-10-26
9. Still have questions?
Learn more about cookies on the PTS website, www.pts.se.